Saturday, October 23, 2010

John 7:24

It's been a while since I wrote about what I was reading (in the Bible reading plan that are church is doing this year).  But today I found a couple things that really struck me.   Sometimes you can read a Bible several times, re-read a passage and on the third or fourth time you go through it, something pops out at you.  

The scripture that popped out at me this morning was "Look beneath the surface so you can judge correctly."  John 6:24.  Even taken out of context, these are words to live by.  People, myself included, come to judgments about others all the time - sometime without even realizing they are doing it.  But we don't know what's in a person's heart, we don't know the circumstances of their life or even their day.  We need to "look beneath the surface".  Good advice - for anyone, believer or not.

No comments: