Saturday, November 17, 2012

Book Review - Wild Grace by Max Lucado



This is quite frankly one of the best books I’ve read in a while.  I liked it so much that I immediately wanted to start a teen small group to use it.  I think all teens would be affected by this book.  The personal stories keep the book extremely interesting.  They lend themselves well to connecting to all teens, it seemed that whatever the circumstances, there was something that someone would be able to relate to.  The book did a great job of explaining God’s Grace in a way that was wonderfully understandable and moving. 

There were so many parts of this book that I wanted to highlight.  I chose not to because I may give the book to someone who is a little more in tune with the age group targeted.  As a person who works with junior youth age kids, I wanted to read it to see if I could use it in one of my groups. I think it would be appropriate for eighth graders, but may be a little too advanced for sixth and seventh, depending on how much the child has seen in his or her lifetime.  I thought some of the stories may have been more than  my sixth graders were ready for.

I would absolutely recommend this book and plan on reading the version for adults as well - Grace.  I got so much out of the teen version, I thought reading the one written for someone my own age may be even more beneficial.

No comments: