Saturday, April 08, 2006

Well, it's happened

I had to order bifocals today. Pouty But at least my eyes are still good enough that I can get the invisible line. I'm actually a little disappointed because they had to order them (I go to Lenscrafters - I'm used to getting them in an hour) so I have to wait another two weeks before I can see again. Guess I should have gone in when I started having problems, I would have had new glasses about 6 weeks ago. Yeah..I know. JC finds this quite amuzing. Well, he did, until he realized how expensive my glasses were going to be. Laughing 1

I am planning a few posts but I've been too tied up lately (trying to see) to get to them. I will soon!

Oh, and just a small tangent - what do you all think of finding the Gospel of Judas? I just think it's remarkable that we are finding anything from that time period. I think that's cool. I can't wait until it comes out in the English translation. Just from what I've heard on the news - Judas saying Jesus asked him to betray him - doesn't that just make more sense? If you were one of the apostles, following Jesus, learning from him - would you want to be responsible for him being put to death? Yes, it was in fulfillment of the scriptures, but these were only humans who did not understand yet what was actually happening. But maybe Judas did know and that's why he was able to do it. Should be interesting!





11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, Mary, Mary you are tooooo young to need bifocals. Ok, which parent can you blame for your poor eyesight? You actually have made me feel better about my age. Lucky for me I still can see very well.

I just saw the piece on GMA about the finding of the Gospel of Judas. I don't even think I could fulfill that request to betray someone knowing that I would contribute to their death. What I think is even more amazing is that they are able to piece it together being as fragile as it is.

Mary said...

Debbie, considering both my parents wear glasses, I don't think I had much of a chance once I needed them in 1st grade!

I think that if I believed that the fate of the world rested on me contributing to a death, I would probably be able to do it. And if Jesus asked him to do it, it wasn't really a betrayal. Now if I was asked to actually carry out the killing, that I'm not sure I could do. Pointing to someone? I think I could do that if I knew how important it was.

Anonymous said...

Your mom didn't always wear glasses, did she? I remember your dad always having glasses, but I didn't think your mom got them until she was older. I could be wrong. Does Lisa or Rebecca have to wear glasses? Shows you how much I know about my relatives.

Mary said...

I don't know about Mom, but I think Dad did. Lisa just had lasik (sp?) surgery and Becky wears contacts. I've requested some help from Dad to answer the Mom question, because I just can't remember when she got glasses. :)

Weebs said...

Mom started wearing glasses in high school.

Mary said...

Wow weebs, no comment on the bifocals? You must still be feeling sick. :) Hope you're getting better!

Anonymous said...

She did??? In all the video we have of her with (Tommy/aka Andrew) she isn't wearing glasses. And in her wedding pictures shes not wearing glasses. Wow, what you find out about your relatives when you get older. That includes moms & dads. I have to go to your mom Mary just to get info. on my mom. The things your parents just don't tell you:) (I mean that in a nice way).

Anonymous said...

ok, trying to control my giggling. Though, I'm probably not that far behind! What are you doing about contacts? Ya know, this way I will know what I'm in for!

Libby said...

mary...you have a daughter & a husband...whattaya need to see close up for? ask them!! :-)

Weebs said...

I was trying to be kind not mentioning bifocals, but since you ask Hee Hee. Welcome to the club.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is when I took my glasses case with me on a business trip to San Antonio,complete with the cleaning cloth inside. First thing sitting on the plane,all settled in after take off,reached for my book to read & relax,whala no glasses in eye glass case.Teh,needless to say I hit the first shop that sold tasteless reading glasses!!!!!! Only need the dang things for reading,eyes as sharp as a blind eagle from far away!