Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Well lookie here....

I may be a little late in this, but I've been sick. Look at who is standing up for themselves....


"Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad looks to have been thwarted from keeping his ultra-conservative allies in control of key offices despite efforts to "cook the books" in weekend elections, the State Department said."

"The voting for Iran's municipal councils and the Assembly of Experts -- the body which chooses the country's supreme leader -- was seen as the first popularity test for Ahmadinejad since he swept to power in 2005.

In one key race, centrist ex-president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani overwhelmingly won a seat on the Assembly of Experts, thrashing a cleric seen as Ahmadinejad's spiritual mentor."

Maybe there are people there that realize he's crazy. I'm beginning to feel better about this.

3 comments:

Libby said...

c'mon, mary...i think he was probably just too busy making sure the nuclear production, the roadside bomb factories, and everything else, was 'on track'...he just didn't have time to campaign, that's all!

Mary said...

Libby, I know you're just saying that so I don't change the "off with his head" command. Do you think I'm being too optimistic? :)

Libby said...

shit, mary, you caught me!! haha! i guess i'm just starting to like doing that too much!!