Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Heart of Memory by Alison Strobel

I am a big fan of Lee Strobel, so when I heard that his daughter Alison had written a Christian fiction book I decided to read it.  I don't read Christian fiction normally, only Jan Karon.  I have to say, it is one of the best fiction books that I've read.  The story of the life of the heroine and her family, the highs and the devastating lows, was mesmerizing and gripping.  From Savannah's seemingly put together life in her ministry through a heart transplant that changed her so much that she almost lost herself in the process, the story flew across the pages. Add to that the dysfunctional relationship with her daughter and the life her husband kept from everyone and it became a book I could genuinely not put down.  I would highly recommend this book.

No comments: