Wednesday, March 08, 2006

...and back to Iran

Iran threatens harm and pain

Iran threatened the United States with "harm and pain" Wednesday for its role in hauling Tehran before the U.N. Security Council'


"The United States has the power to cause harm and pain," said a statement delivered by the Iranian delegation. "But the United States is also susceptible to harm and pain. So if that is the path that the U.S. wishes to choose, let the ball roll." Who says that? Let the ball roll?


Iran also attacked "warmongers in Washington" for what it said was an unjust accusation that Tehran's nuclear intentions were mainly for military use. Excuse me?

Okay, so the nation that recently said it wants Israel wiped off the map is upset because we are accusing them on using their nuclear capabilities for military purposes? Uh huh, get a life. If you don't want to be accused stop hiding what you are doing.

And can I just say that the first time I read the headline I read "Iran threatens U.S. with ham and pain". I had to giggle. And now I need to go make an appointment with my eye doctor....

3 comments:

Libby said...

Mary!! 'Let the ball roll'...is he planning on bowling us to death? :-D
Anyway, they're so frigging stupid...I don't know what else to say...

Anonymous said...

Mary,
Loved your comment about ham. I know the perfect book for you to read,post April that is :).,it has been outlawed in Iran (written by a female muslim author).Heh!

Mary said...

Roddy, if you are referring to The Trouble with Islam I've read it a year or two ago. LOVED it! But must read it again - if I can find it. A family member has run off with it. :) If that's not the book you're talking about let me know! And yes, after April...