Wednesday, July 18, 2007

What is going on with the Catholic Church?

Roman Catholic Church views



"Pope Benedict XVI reasserted the primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says other Christian communities are either defective or not true churches and Catholicism provides the only true path to salvation."

"It was the second time in a week that the pontiff has corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, the 1962-1965 meetings that modernized the church. On Saturday, the pontiff revived the old Latin mass -- a move cheered by Catholic traditionalists but criticized by more liberal ones as a step backward from Vatican II."


I just officially left the Catholic Church last October to attend a non-denominational Church which I love, First Church of God, and this article shows why I think that there may be a mass exodus under this Pope. The arrogance of the Catholic Church really upsets me at times. The Bible does not have a Catholic denomination in it, so WHY would they think that they are the only denomination that will be saved? I really see this Pope taking the Catholic Church back years and years under his term and it really bothers me.

I don't want to offend my Catholic readers, ahem, Dad, but I just don't understand this philosophy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know MANY non-denominational people. All were Catholics and have said that they don't agree with the church, that was before this so I can only imagine what this will do! The funny thing is, the believe in the same teachings, just not the "Catholic Church". And yes, I agree, this will set them back years and years.

Libby said...

i heard about this yesterday, and i just cant believe it! why would the leader of the church try to divide the Christian population any more than it's getting already right now??

Anonymous said...

I think the POPE did not get the office memo stating that "Jesus Christ", IS the ONLY way to SALVATION,not any Church Doctrine.
Can we say, "The Son of God" All together now!
He (The Pope) should check his,post-it notes,inter-office e-mails and possibly his office mailbox. Maybe he has "peeps" who do that for him, didn't think it important enough to forward to the Pope.
Advance appologies to any Catholic readers Mary :)

We hope fully don't vote uninformed,we shouldn't trust our Eternal Life to what we do not research for ourselves.
I personally do not put my "faith" in the hands of any man or group of men who instruct me on what to read or believe.
Thanks for the use of your soap box Mary,put me up in the nose bleed section though,altitude is high enough already! ;)

P.S. Wondered when the article would rest before your eyes!