Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Acts 9

Saul's conversion!  This passage truly makes me happy.  I love reading Paul's letters and the way he came into Christianity - well, was drafted (and wouldn't it be great to be drafted like that!) - just makes it so much more exciting.  I sound like a Paul groupie.  I'm not sure if that's allowed.

This is  a very exciting time in the church though - the Good News is being spread as Christians are moving outward from Jerusalem and it's also spreading from Jews to Gentiles.  How exciting is that!!!  Well, VERY for us!  The persecution that Saul (soon to be Paul) was instrumental in, caused followers of the Way (Christians) to flee Jerusalem, thus spreading the Word as they went.  To have the very man that was persecuting them be directly confronted by Jesus and turned to a life of living for Jesus, how remarkable and awesome! Paul's story really speaks to me, although I think you may have figured that out by now. 

No comments: