Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Book Review - The Ambition by Lee Strobel

The Ambition is Lee Strobel's first fiction novel.  Since I am a big fan of his non-fiction books, I was very eager to get read this book and purchased it as soon as it came out.  LOVED this book.  Although I have to admit that I had to stop reading a few times because I was so frustrated with the main character.  Which I guess proves that it was a good book since it elicited such strong feelings.  Very well written, it was a gripping story that I couldn't put down (unless frustration dictated it) about a pastor of a megachurch that thinks about becoming a senator while his church faces proof of God's hand in our lives, corruption runs rampant in the courtroom and an investigative reporter comes across more than he bargained for.  The various plot lines interwove and in the end came together seamlessly.  I shouldn't have been surprised since I've seen Lee Strobel do the same thing with facts and interviews, but the flow of The Ambition was exceptional.  

The only issue that I had was more with the Kindle version than the book itself.  Assuming the problem I had was with the Kindle and wasn't showing up in the actual print book.  Intermittently during the story the word indent, cindent or excindent would show up where another word was supposed to be.  No idea what that was all about.

I would STRONGLY recommend this book.

No comments: