Saturday, March 27, 2010

Galatians 5:22-23 The Love Lesson

Galatians 5:22-23  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.  Against such things there is no law.

Having gone through the fruits of the Spirit in my Tuesday night class last term, I thought I'd share some of our lessons.  Our first lesson was on Love.  The verse we learned for that week was John 15:12-13  "My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

We discussed loving others, of course, and how other people who don't know God can learn about Him through us when we show fruits of the Spirit.  

One of the verses in our lesson was Matthew 5:44 "But I say, love your enemies!  Pray for those who persecute you!" One of the hardest lessons, I think, but the girls in the class talked about how to apply this to their lives, especially at school - it was pretty much decided that the little brothers had to be excluded from this :)  - and one in particular did a great job of dealing with a boy in school that had been bothering her.  I was proud of all of them.


1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

Thank you for such an uplifting post on the love that Jesus commands us to have. God bless, Lloyd