Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hebrews..one more time

I thought my last posting on Hebrews would be the only posting I did, but after having a children's ministry mini-conference and re-reading Hebrews 13 this afternoon, I felt the need to add something.

I was reading Hebrews 13:7 "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you.  Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith."   Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith.  Who is considering the outcome of your way of life?  Who is imitating you?  That is a big responsibility and for those leading anyone, be it a single person, a small group or a church, that is an incredibly important responsibility.

This weekend I saw the movie Facing the Giants.  A phrase in that movie stuck with me.  "Your actions will follow your beliefs."  I had to consider that comment and still am.  Do my actions follow my beliefs?  Am I comfortable with someone looking at my way of life and imitating my faith?

I think the answer to both those questions is not all the time.  But I pray that God will lead me and guide me to be a better example of His work so that I can one day answer both those questions with a resounding Yes!

No comments: