Monday, January 04, 2010

Day 4 - Mark 4

There are a few things that I take away from chapter 4 in Mark. 

One is from the parable of the seeds.  I want to be the seed that fell on good soil representing those who hear and accept God's word.  I think I am, but sometimes I feel inadequate (okay, all the time) and while I'm trying to hear and trying to accept, sometimes it's hard.  But I know that "I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength"  Philippians 4:13, so I know that I will be fine.

The second thing that strikes me in this chapter is Mark 4:25 "To those who listen to my teaching more understanding will be given."  I like to think that the more I listen and try to understand, the more understanding He will give me. 

Thirdly, the story of Jesus calming the storm reminds me of a saying that I've heard, although I'm not sure of the origin.  It says "Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child."  I love that saying.  Even if the world is whipping around us and tossing us around, we can go to God for peace and calm.  That's a very comforting thought.

1 comment:

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.