Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mark 9 & 10

Mark 9:23-24  

"What do you mean, 'If I can'?" Jesus asked.  "Anything is possible if a person believes."  The father instantly cried out, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!"

How many times have I felt this way?  Yes, I believe, but I don't believe that my faith is strong enough.  Help me. Strengthen me.  This is a constant prayer.

Mark 9:35b; Mark 10:43-45

"Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else."

"But among you it will be different.  Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else.  For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many>"

Think about these passages as it relates to government.  Wouldn't it be wonderful if our leaders kept these scriptures in mind?  In a smaller setting, we need to remember as parents, managers, teachers that to lead we need to serve.  

Mark 10:25-27

"In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!"  The disciples were astounded. "Then who in the world can be saved?" they asked.  Jesus looked at them intently and said, "Humanly speaking, it is impossible.  But not with God.  Everything is possible with God."

I feel blessed to know that anything is possible with God.  I know that if it wasn't for His grace there would be no point to anything I do.  With His grace I have HOPE and a reason to keep trying to be a better person.

No comments: