Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Evolution and Creation - solved. :P

Food for thought.

Genesis 1:24 "Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth all kinds of living creatures: cattle, creeping things, and wild animals of all kinds."

Now I know that I'm pushing it a little.... okay, alot.... but could this be God "creating" evolution? I got this idea while I was reading Katie's Bible for pre-schoolers. I guess it just stood out more in that version.

I believe that it is obvious that God's seven days were not 24 hour periods. We have evidence of dinosaurs, etc. that are not mentioned in the Bible so obviously the making of earth took longer than our week.

Now I know that the Bible says that man was also made of dirt [earth] also (actually clay in my version). But it goes on to say that "the Lord God formed man out of the clay of the ground and blew into his nostrils the breath of life" Gn 2:7. So there was more involvement than just saying "Let it be".

That's my two cents for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

re: the dinosuars,
they are not mentioned in Bible as the word was not invented until the 1800's.
If you read in Job there is a descirption of what sopunds much like a dinosaur (leviathan with a tail as large as a cedar, etc).

the Hebrew word for day "yom" is used over 350 times in the old testament. When ever it is used outside of "in the day of the Lord" or a similar refernence, it always refers to an ordinary aprox 24 hour day. Why carve out the Genesis references to be any different.
Much of science supports a young earth theory