Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fashion Competition Brings People of the Bible to Todays Teenagers

 Fashion Competition Brings People of the Bible to Todays Teenagers

I have to admit, I thought this was a pretty innovative idea.

From another article I found "the Empty Hanger" concept a little more clearly defined. "The five outfits have been designed to show the personalities of five Bible characters who are all members of Jesus’ family tree, but with them there is one Empty Hanger.

This autumn, in a joint project by Bible Society and the college, youngsters in schools across the country will be invited to design a costume that they think symbolises who they are to put on the Empty Hanger."


I liked one of the quotes in the article I linked:

Walton said, "Empty Hanger will help bring the Bible alive for a generation that largely don’t read it. The stories in the Bible are like a soap opera for all eternity. They tell us about ourselves and we can learn about how to live life today through them."

I really like this idea.

No comments: