Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Moms In Touch International

I just want to tell you about Moms In Touch International.  It is a group of women who get together either in person or on the phone to pray for our children, our schools, our teachers... you get the drift right?  Here is their purpose from their website at www.momsintouch.org:

The Purpose of Moms In Touch International
To pray that our children will receive Jesus as Lord and Savior, then stand boldly in their faith.

To pray for teachers and staff.

To pray that teachers, administrative staff, and students would come to faith in Jesus Christ.

To provide support and encouragement to moms who carry heavy burdens for their children.

To pray that our schools will be directed by biblical values and high moral standards

To be an encouragement and a positive support to our schools


I am the only mother signed up for Sutherland Elementary, and as much as I would like to find someone from that school, I would also like to encourage anyone in the Chicagoland area to join voices with these women.  You can go to their website and look for your school to see if there is already a prayer group there, if there isn't you can sign up as a single mom prayer by herself for that school and they will contact you to pray in the monthly conference calls.  I just sat in on my first conference call today and met two wonderful women.  I have trouble finding words when I'm praying out loud, but you don't have to talk, you can just listen.  But if you're like me, the pull to  join in the prayer may be too great to overcome.

Please consider joining this organization, our kids can use all the prayer they can get.

No comments: